Laura will explore the following on relative age effect in youth development:
- What it is (over-representation of early-maturing kids on football talent development pathways).
- Who does it affect (graphs and research on youth football, showing under-representation of Q4 players, but also the disadvantages to the Q1 kids).
- How does it occur (I.e. how is it perpetuated by coaches, parents and the athletes themselves, how certain development structures can lead to an enhanced RAE within that context).
- And then focus on the ‘so what’ for coaches (how it can influence selection, strategies to minimise impact).
3 Learning Outcomes
- Understand the Relative Age Effect.
- Understand their role as coaches in perpetuating the effect.
- Use this knowledge to guide future player selection and structures of pathways.
March 11 @ 17:00
Delegate Access Area