1. What book(s) have greatly influenced your life?
Essentialism – Greg Mckeown
The Mindset of Success – Jo Owen
2. How has a failure, or apparent failure, set you up for later success? Do you have a “favourite failure” of yours?
Resilience, determination and positivity is key. Just because one door may close or not open, it doesn’t mean another opportunity isn’t waiting. Be patient and trust the journey.
3. In the last five years, what new belief, behaviour, or habit has most improved your life?
It isn’t always about doing everything and anything. It is about doing less but better, being a true essentialist. What will have the biggest influence and why? How will this help support and shape your journey?
4. If you could give one piece of advice to an aspiring young coach, what would that advice be?
- Believe in yourself. There is no right or wrong answer, as long as you can support and justify your reasoning for your philosophy.
- Utilise a support network. Surround yourself with people who will support you in the best way possible to enhance your coaching ability.
- Reflection is vital. Every opportunity provides learning. You do not learn from experience, but from reflecting on experience and how this can impact your coaching moving forward.
5. How would you best define a coach?
A coach is an individual who provides a holistic platform for participants to challenge their learning and development in a positive, motivating and supportive environment, enabling them to reach their goals.
6. What do you do for your own CPD?
- Attend conferences or leadership events
- Have a mentor
- Do research into areas of interest, apply learning and reflect