Tom has worked in professional sport for over 18years, working mainly in football. He specialises in game based conditioning and is the Director of the nutrition resource, Colour-Fit.
1. What book(s) have greatly influenced your life? (max 3)
– Strength Coach CEO
– Fitness Training for Football
2. How has a failure, or apparent failure, set you up for later success? Do you have a “favourite failure” of yours?
Motivation to learn.
3. In the last five years, what new belief, behaviour, or habit has most improved your life?
Being more sociable in unfamiliar company.
4. If you could give one piece of advice to an aspiring young coach, what would that advice be?
Genuinely try to help your athletes. Everything else will work out.
5. What bad advice do you hear most from your area of expertise?
6. Who, in your life, has inspired you most? (and why)
7. How would you best define a coach?
8. What do you do for your own CPD?
Read, courses, podcasts, meet people